Family Fossil Hunting Trips with Junior Geo
- Join Junior Geo Geologist Bill Verkaik on a fossil hunt for a great family day out.
- No experience required. We will show you where to find fossils, and help you to identify your finds.
- Not suitable for children under 5 years.
- Under 18s must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Prices: Children (under 16) £6, Adult £12, Family £25 (2 adults & up to 3 children).
- Gift vouchers available
- Private fossil trips for groups and schools available.
- If you need somewhere to stay we have a few listings of local hotels & campsites HERE
Guided Fossil Hunts
Geology & Fossil Hammers
These are high quality hammers at a great price. They have a flat face for use with a chisel and a sharper point end that is used for splitting rocks.
They come in 4 sizes (head weights):
- 100g Head - Suitable for children up to 8 years old. Not really effective with a chisel.
- 200g Head - A slightly heavier, ideal for children between 8 and 12 years old. Not too heavy to carry around on a fossil hunt.
- 300g Head - A bit more weighty. More suited for use by teenagers and adults.
- 500g Head - This is a great hammer but most suitable for adult use. It is a good weight and strong shaft. Designed for more serious excavating with a chisel.
Important: Fossil hammers should always be used with protective glasses.
De-Luxe Junior Fossil Hunting Kit
This fossil hunting kit has all you need for a good day out fossil hunting.
- Canvas haversack with shoulder strap
- Top quality, 300g geology hammer
- Solid steel cold chisel
- Junior protective glasses
- Fresnel credit card sized magnifying glass
- 3 plaster replica fossils to paint and acrylic paints
- Rock & Fossil Hunter book by Ben Morgan
Currently out of stock
Budget Children's Fossil Hunting Kit
This is our standard kits which includes:
- Top quality 200g steel head fossil hammer. This hammer is suitable fo children older than 8 years.
- British-made cold chisel
- Junior protective glasses
Although this is our basic kit the equipment is of high quality that will last for a long time.
Wyke Regis, Dorset: Saturday 9th April 2016, 12:00-15:00
This interesting location is near Weymouth in Dorset.
We will be exploring the shoreline behind Chesil Beach looking for a number of different types of fossils from the Jurassic Period some 150 million years ago.
There will be some non-strenuous walking of about 2 miles.
This location is possibly the only fossil hunt in the world with a Starbucks coffee shop at the half way stage.
Details will be sent by email 1 week prior to the event.
Wyke Regis, Dorset: Saturday 28th May 2016, 13:00-16:00
This interesting location is near Weymouth in Dorset. We will be exploring the shoreline behind Chesil Beach looking for a number of different types of fossils from the Jurassic Period some 150 million years ago. There will be some non-strenuous walking of about 2 miles. This location is possibly the only fossil hunt in the world with a Starbucks coffee shop at the half way stage. Details will be sent by email 1 week prior to the event.
Quantoxhead Saturday 6th August 2016, 12:00-16:00
Quantoxhead is a lovely location on the North Somerset Coast.
The beach is strewn with large boulders of Jurassic Limestone.
You can find large ammonite fossils amongst the rocks on the beach. We once found a huge ammonite here.
Fossil Hunt Gift Vouchers
Fossil hunt gift vouchers are a great gift to give.
It could be as a birthday or Christmas present or simply to give a treat to someone special.
Our fossil hunting trips take place along the Jurassic Coast in Dorset and they are a great family day out.
Check our front page for the upcoming fossil hunt dates.
- Child: £6
- Adult: £12
- Family: £25 (up to 2 adults and up to 3 children).